I am grateful for those who attended the PTO organizational meeting. I recognize that many were not able to attend because of the 3:30 meeting time. Here are some of the highlights.
- A draft of new by-laws for the PTO was presented for review. These by-laws will be reviewed for second reading at our next meeting. (Copies are available in the office for anyone who would like them.)
- One change to the by-laws was recommended and adopted. According to that recommendation, meetings will be "bi-monthly on the first Monday of each month, beginning in August. The meeting time is 6:00."
- The next meeting will be October 3, 2022, at 6:00.
- Lastly, the timeline for election of PTO officers for this year was set.
- Nomination of officer candidates must be made to the school Principal by the end of the school day on Monday, September 26. Those nominations will be announced on the school social media that day.
- Voting for officer candidates will be held on October 3, at the next regular meeting.
I hope everyone will want to be involved. A strong officer team can do so much, but a strong officer team with overarching support of the membership can do so much more.
If you have questions, please feel free to stop by and talk with me.
Dennis L. McDaniel, Principal